The South Mildura Sporting Club would like to welcome Haydn Kiel to the club for season 2020. Haydn is a midfielder/forward who has achieved just about everything in his football career.
• A dual premiership player with the Southport Sharks in the Queensland Australian Football League (QAFL) as a teenager.
• He was then drafted to the Brisbane Lions in 2006 where he spent two seasons on their list under Leigh Matthews and Michael Voss.
• He was then rookie listed by the Hawthorn Hawks where he spent a further two seasons on their list under Alistair Clarkson.
• He then stayed on in Melbourne where he continued to ply his trade for the Box Hill Hawks in the VFL.
• After finishing up in Victoria, he returned to his junior team the Southport Sharks in 2012.
• Haydn was crowned the league’s best player a year later when he went on to win the NEAFL Northern Conference’s Grogan Medal.
• In season 2019 he then experienced Grand Final success with the Surfers Paradise Demons in the QAFL.
Haydn is now looking forward to the next stage of his career in the Sunraysia Football League where he hopes to experience success with the Doggies.